Confirm my Bettys?

A meeting place for rose breeders.
rikuhelin1

Confirm my Bettys?

Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:06 pm

Have used HMF for both to try confirm my labels and pretty sure correct.

But lack info on cane character and bud colour to nail it. Vendor’s Skinner Betty Bland is new and not bloomed, but canes completely thornless.

The labelled years ago Betty Will has thorns at base and is a Erskine cross with Betty Bland. Its buds are large by my book and distinguished also by being deep red - a favourite sight. l see or imagine them in the HMF photos whereas Betty Bland photos show pink bud to me.

Both blooms too close to being same to my eyes to use.

IYO are the labels right?

My Betty Will’s origin would of been Erskine's garden when runners were available ... l think. Photos are of my Betty Will today beside Minerva. Told somebody Betty was planted beside George Will ... ooops maybe not correct, might be the other Betty.
Attachments
25788F9C-A8D1-4AC1-BEE9-214056054BC4.jpeg
44C202D5-22F9-4B9B-ABB6-A78F21E8C9C1.jpeg

rikuhelin1

Re: Confirm my Bettys?

Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:17 pm

Minor errata (or ums) found. Went into the spino slasher jungle protecting the El Arianas recovery (only gated access route for short legs) to get better than birds-eye view observational data for vendor Betty Bland. It has thorns, not positioned in relation order, and less 1% of cane length, and just getting into bud but with no colour showing. Floppy canes so trellised until older.